Process of Metallurgy, Durability, Materials (PMDM)
The objective of PMDM is to understand the mechanisms involved in the various metallurgical processes implemented. Thus, the control of the decisive steps will lead to a mastery of the microstructures and the properties of the materials. Within their operating environment, new performances are expected in terms of physics and chemical characteristics, mechanical resistance and corrosion resistance, shaping and assembly, speed and economy of execution.
This approach applies to different research topics:
- Assemblies & surfaces functionalization by high energy processes (Laser, Electric Arcs, Thermal Projection)
- Thermal and/or electrochemical corrosion of metals and alloys
- Powder metallurgy: metal and ceramic powders, mass compaction and additive manufacturing
- Fuel cells, high temperature electrolysis and hydrogen storage
- Numerical modelling and simulation (from atom to process)
The department PMDM consists of 46 Researchers and 11 Technical and Administrative Staff supervising 30 PhD students and 20 trainees each year.
Location of staff and means in the Burgundy Franche-Comté region (click to see more details)
Tél : 03 80 39 61 53
Tél : 03 84 58 31 50